- Project Manager is responsible for the direction, coordination, implementation, control and completion of projects, while remaining aligned with company strategy, commitments and goals. Oversees initiating, planning and executing Cell Therapy Development and Operations (CTDO) programs and projects.
- The primary focus of the CTDO PM will be to manage critical projects in support of specific product programs and/or building CTDO infrastructure. This includes partnering with the project leads to identify scope, work and project strategy.
- The PM is responsible for developing detailed project plans in support of the project scope and cross-functional stakeholders.
- This position works closely with the drug product and vector CMC Project Leads and PMs in order to coordinate and organize the deliverables associated with the CTDO product programs.
- This position will also work closely with functional leadership and representatives to ensure alignment and coordination across CTDO priorities.
- The Sr PM will be responsible for using and promoting CTDO PMO best practices, tools and templates. CTDO PMs may be called upon to provide training and coaching for functional project managers.
- The successful candidate will support development of a robust CTDO PMO: share ideas, tools, best practices, training, lessons learned, establish core competencies, conduct peer reviews of project management deliverables, etc.
- Key business processes include, but not limited to, leading strategic project planning and goal setting, project prioritization and portfolio alignment, project execution, project documentation and archival, and process improvement, standards development, resource modeling and metrics.
- Partner with project lead to successfully achieve project objectives
- Provide strong team leadership and drive to ensure projects are executed on-time and within budget
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables
- Create project plans; scope, work, resources, scheduling, etc.
- Maintain project objectives through project lifecycle
- Monitor execution and quality to customer/stakeholder/sponsor standards
- Identify and resolve issues and risks
- Report on project progress, offer viable solutions and opportunities as they arise
- Implement appropriate project change control
- Manage resources to make sure schedule is on track
- Facilitate all project team meetings; attend related project team meetings as necessary to ensure alignment
- Evaluate and assess result of project
- Provide structure and leadership across departments to ensure team meets project objectives
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to manage project deliverables, e.g. CMO’s, Supply Chain, etc.
- Develop and communicate status to PMO, Project and CTDO Leadership
- Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences-related discipline
- Advanced degree in Life Sciences-related discipline and/or an MBA strongly preferred
- Project management qualification; PMI’s Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent
Skills and Experiences
The successful candidate will be a demonstrated leader with the breadth of professional experience and the drive to work with both internal and external partners to define and implement effective project management plans. Must have the ability to work in a highly matrixed and cross-functional organization, against tight deadlines, and with world-class partners, suppliers and business leaders alike.
- 10+ years’ experience in bio tech/life sciences project management
- Experience in cellular therapy is preferred
- PMP certification required; PMO experience preferred
- Proficiency with related software tools such as: MS Project, OnePager, SmartSheets, MS PPT, MS Excel, etc.
- Experience in Agile teams
- Strong knowledge of biopharma industry
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally, with matrixed teams; maintaining strong business partner relationships
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Expertise in conflict resolution
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Willingness to do what needs to be done in a dynamic environment