The Village of Wellington is a “Great Hometown” that strives to provide high quality services that create economic, environmental, and social sustainability. Our Wellington vision balances a unique hometown, family atmosphere with an attractive natural environment and recreational, cultural, and educational activities and facilities for all ages. The Village of Wellington is a family-oriented community located in Western Palm Beach County and is a great place to live, work, and play.
If you have what it takes to be part of a dedicated team, then join us! The position of Field Services Representative is responsible for performing meter reading and recording services for the Village’s water utility. Employees in this classification also assist with programs and projects such as meter change-outs and installations. Candidates must be knowledgeable about local geography and streets.
Examples of Duties
- Read water meters on assigned route and record readings according to the reading cycle schedule.
- Inspect water meters for tampering, leaks, box conditions, sidewalk areas, access, and obstructions; provide correction or reports to appropriate department staff for resolution.
- Remove and replace water meters as required; assists in coordinating water meter change outs.
- Provide field locations of water services; assist in maintenance of fire hydrants, water meter boxes, and valve boxes.
- Respond to customer related problems; provide resolution to or forward issues to appropriate department personnel.
- Receive and complete daily work orders related to customer service issues and complaints in the field.
- Assist with monthly customer connects and disconnects as required.
- Participate in coordinating programs and special projects, e.g., water meter change outs and installations.
- Record and maintain daily log records (electronically and/or manually) regarding completed tasks and service orders.
- Maintain assigned vehicle and equipment according to prescribed schedules.
- Perform related duties as directed when such duties are a logical and appropriate assignment to the position.
Skills and Experiences
High school diploma / GED; up to one (1) year work experience demonstrating ability to perform the essential functions of the work and satisfy the physical requirements of the various tasks; or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience. Possession of a valid Florida driver's license required.